Skip to main content

My story featured on Yourstory

Before your big launch, facing a few new bugs and needing to fix them in utmost urgency is something I guess every developer at a startup needs to undergo. I would rather say, these adrenaline rush makes our work life more exciting. We had a similar firefighting night at Scrollback yesterday and thus, by the time I reached home, it was 8.30am. My system (by that I mean my brain) was probably over heated already and thus I crashed as soon as I did hit the bed.

When I woke up at around 4pm, my phone showed a few too many notifications. There were innumerable congratulation messages and I was still wondering over them till I saw Aditya's post on my Facebook timeline.

I had met Aditya on a Sunday evening over a cup of coffee. Well, we had met for an interview (where I had expected Aditya to be someone like a professional interviewer, expecting me to answer all his questions), but the so called interview didn't feel anything as I had thought it to be like. It felt more like meeting a friend over a cup of coffee. We had a long (almost 3 hour) chat and during the entire conversation, it wasn't anything like Aditya asking me questions and me answering. For all the different topics he wanted me to talk about, he told me his side of the story as well....which made it all informal and friendly. Given a chance, I could also probably write a small article about him (ofcourse I don't have the technical skills like him to do that, but I have a few facts for sure).

The impact of this one article was huge indeed. In less than12 hours, I have received some 10+ emails different people....some asking me to talk at their event, some asking me to help them with their startup settings, some simply congratulating me and some even saying how their life story had been very similar to mine.

One honest confession - I feel a little embarrassed to read the article myself. It like too much nice things being said all together at the same time! Well, either I suffer from imposter syndrome or Aditya was a bit too humble to bring out such a good image of mine :P

One more person, I shouldn't forget to credit is Santosh. Well, it was he who kind of thought all my work was worth being covered in TechieTuesday and got me connected to Aditya.

Link to the Yourstory article : http://yourstory.com/2014/07/priyanka-nag-techie-tuesdays/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot can happen over coffee....only if you are allowed to sit at a CCD outlet!

Cafe Coffee Day is no more a new name for the youngsters in India. For a warm cup of coffee at an affordable price, thats where we generally go to! But more than the cup of coffee, its the atmosphere of Café Coffee Days which attracts all of us. An informal setup...good beverage and snacks...soothing music (most of the time)...complimentary wi-fi (at many outlets)...well, CCD always had a lot to offer its customers. Photo source - https://www.zomato.com/pune/cafe-coffee-day-2-koregaon-park For Siddhartha, coffee always used to be an experience to be offered...not just beans to be grown. I have had my job interview conducted at a CCD outlet. I have hosted and attended several community meetups at different CCD outlets across the country. I have even had my coffee dates at CCDs. Well, truely, a lot has happened in my life over coffee...at different CCD outlets. Once, Siddhartha himself had spent his new year's eve, serving customers at a Café Coffee Day (CCD) outlet near C...

RASCI model - the responsibility assignment matrix

In the last few days, both at my workplace as well as while dealing with a few activities around me, I have realized the importance of implementing a better responsibility assignment matrix, to get things done in a less messed up way. A few months back, during some random conversation, a friend of mine had introduced me to the RASCI model, one of the responsibility assignment matrices. Wikipedia says that the responsibility assignment matrix 'describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process.'  In simple words, for any project, if we can divide each person's role and responsibility, it not only ensures a better end product, but also saves the time, otherwise lost in discussions (which organizations like to call as meetings). A RASCI implementation ensures that each person is responsible for only and only the task assigned to him (or her) and will not need to interfere with another person's task, un...

Afterall its Paris...

My after event blog posts are generally a report of the event...if you are looking for a report of the MDN Work-week, this is not the right post. This post is a complete non-technical and non-work oriented story of how I fell in love in and with Paris. A glance of Paris...  Paris had been a dream of mine for quite a long time, and the first time I got the invitation for MDN Workweek, I kind of knew this one was going to be awesome! Paris is beautiful...way more beautiful than my words can ever express. Every moment of this one weekend feels like a long, beautiful dream. Everything is too perfect here. This city has a weird kind of "intoxication" in its air. The more you breadth in the cool air, the more you fall in love with this city. The weather here couldn't probably be any better...its perfectly cool....not too hot, not too cold. Refreshing cool breeze just washes away all your worries and stress. Someone couldn't probably be upset in this city...its aw...