Skip to main content

Making of Unify 2012

(Courtesy: Photographer- Aanand Lonkar)
Unify-Come together, celebrate
Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research did witness the biggest ever Unify this year. 2012 brought along so much glory to SICSR which we had never ever thought of. When I started working for Unify this year, it wasn't even one week past my surgery. When I had visited the first few colleges for unify promotion and registration, my stitches were very much alive inside my mouth. They did hurt but that never succeeded in reducing my enthusiasm even by a single percent. Today, after witnessing the success of Unify 2012, those pains and the hard-work seems to have served its purpose right. 
I have had never seen my college in so many colours, never heard louder cheers in this campus till this year's Unify. 
How Unify 2012,was is known all; so thought of sharing how the preparation of Unify 2012 hadbeen like. I still remember the first mail from Pushkar, asking us to be a part of Unify 2012, talking of December 2011, when it wasn't even decided whether we could make Unify inter-college this year. So many meets, so many debates... finally formed the Unify team.
The actual struggle began after that, hunting sponsors, getting registrations....days spent without food, going around colleges, setting up registration desks in the most sunny and dusty possible areas of the visited colleges. The most horrible part was probably taking follow ups. Calling people and convincing them to be a part of Unify 2012. 
The registration was never over, until the events actually began, but when were left with no new college to visit, we had our own college to decorate and beautify. Hats off to the creative team!!!!! The college never looked this beautiful before. 
17th morning began with an awesome opening ceremony and then when the three days were over, never got a hint of it. Today, sitting free at home, gives a feeling as if something is missing from life. Those beautiful days spent in the making of Unify is whats missing from life!!!
I don't know if I will be fortunate enough to be a member of another Unify, but wherever I am, I will surely try and be present for future 'Unify's.

Comments

  1. The memories of Unify 2012 will always live with me forever..!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantining Alone - A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

This Covid-19 virus has turned the entire world upside down. It has broken a lot of older habits and set a lot of new normals. Towards the early days of this lockdown, I had written a blog - An Extrovert in Isolation . The early lockdown days were extremely difficult for me. That was the phase of breaking old habits. An extrovert by nature, couldn't accept the sudden change of being locked alone inside my house. I am writing this blog again after being locked at home for more than 100 days now. Most of the older habits are broken by now. A few new habits have become a part of my new normal. What seemed to have been painful 100 days back has now turned to be blissful. Here, I am sharing my story of how quarantining alone has ended up being the greatest opportunity and a huge transformation in my life.  I have been struggling for years to fix my sleep patterns. Going to bed late and waking up late had been a habit for a really long time. My struggles to change this habit had

RASCI model - the responsibility assignment matrix

In the last few days, both at my workplace as well as while dealing with a few activities around me, I have realized the importance of implementing a better responsibility assignment matrix, to get things done in a less messed up way. A few months back, during some random conversation, a friend of mine had introduced me to the RASCI model, one of the responsibility assignment matrices. Wikipedia says that the responsibility assignment matrix 'describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process.'  In simple words, for any project, if we can divide each person's role and responsibility, it not only ensures a better end product, but also saves the time, otherwise lost in discussions (which organizations like to call as meetings). A RASCI implementation ensures that each person is responsible for only and only the task assigned to him (or her) and will not need to interfere with another person's task, un

The stranger in Pain

I have just returned from Malaysia today. After a 3 months stay in Singapore, I could finally make it to Malaysia, Kuala Lampur. Just a small 3 days trip with my friends. On the second day of our trip, we had decided to visit the Genting Highlands. Early morning we started off for the adventurous trip, only three of us- Sree Lakshmi(my room mate in Singapore), Nishita(my co-scholar from SCMS-UG) and me. We boarded our bus to Genting. Sree and Nishi sat together and I sat alone, taking a window seat. After a while, an elderly uncle, Indian looking, of about the age of 60+, occupied the vacant seat next to mine.  He initiated the conversation by asking me which country I am from. After I answered that I was from India, he said he was from Sri Lanka. My thinking of him being an Indian was proven wrong. He was a very friendly man. After the initial ice breaking, we started speaking about ourselves and our lives. He told that he had finished conquering the entire globe with just some 4 co