Skip to main content

Maker Party Bangalore - Hive Pop-up 2013

When I reached Bangalore, it was 12.30am. When I had boarded the flight, it was 5th of September, but by the time I had landed, it was 6th already. Whenever it comes to some Mozilla event, I don't know from where, some unknown energy seems to hit us all. At this late hour of night, no one seemed to be tired. By the time I did reach my room, it was 2.30am.
Our morning started at 6am. We were at the venue by 8.30am. It was at Jaaga (our hangout destination for the next two days) that I met Michelle for the first time. A lady whose enthusiasm, energy and smile seemed to be spreading like a viral among all the Mozillians present for the 'Train the trainer session' of 6th. We began the day with a small ice-breaking session where each Mozillian introduced himself (or herself) and wrote a small note about what he (or she) expected to take back after these two days event. Well, when it comes to writing, I somehow get a bit too much charged up which ended up making my note the lengthiest of the lot.
I have always loved to teach, but being a good teaching is not very easy. And thus, for me, each moment of Train the trainer session was very important. The teaching part began with Ankit Gadgil's session on Thimble, followed by Sayak Sarkar's session on X-ray goggles and finally ended with Gauthamraj's session on pop-corn maker. Each community was responsible for making a small popcorn video through which the community was to state its story.
In the afternoon, we met all our partners who were to be a part of the Hive initiatives and interacted with them in groups. There ideas, there motto, their presentations...everything was so mesmerizing.
The evening was super-fun when the super-mentors tried teaching 'Webmaking' to their mentees and then the mentees tried teaching 'Webmaking' to each other. It was during this session that I did have the devilish idea of spoiling(remixing) the very site of our super-mentor,Sayak ;)
The fun loaded day ended with a great dinner. While getting into bed that night, I had absolutely no idea that the next morning had even more fun awaiting us.

Mozilla India community....with Michelle at Jaaga


The weather of Bangalore on the 7th was so very pleasant,it felt as if nature had also decided to join the Hive India party. An early start it was. The partners did arrive by 9am and Jaaga's doors were opened for public by 10am. There were stalls put up by our partners as well as stalls of the Mozillians were we were trying to teach 'Webmaking' to our guests. It was on this day that I realized how much fun teaching can be. It was like teaching to build and remix the web to everyone....starting from a kid who was as young as 5 years old to his teacher who was probably in her late 50s. It was AMAZING! Every moment was an experience which is guaranteed to last for a lifetime.

@Cutney Chang....post event dinner party


Well, I will preferably end my blog here and not get into the after event moments. As Vineel says-"What Happens at Bangalore, Stays at Bangalore".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantining Alone - A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

This Covid-19 virus has turned the entire world upside down. It has broken a lot of older habits and set a lot of new normals. Towards the early days of this lockdown, I had written a blog - An Extrovert in Isolation . The early lockdown days were extremely difficult for me. That was the phase of breaking old habits. An extrovert by nature, couldn't accept the sudden change of being locked alone inside my house. I am writing this blog again after being locked at home for more than 100 days now. Most of the older habits are broken by now. A few new habits have become a part of my new normal. What seemed to have been painful 100 days back has now turned to be blissful. Here, I am sharing my story of how quarantining alone has ended up being the greatest opportunity and a huge transformation in my life.  I have been struggling for years to fix my sleep patterns. Going to bed late and waking up late had been a habit for a really long time. My struggles to change this habit had

RASCI model - the responsibility assignment matrix

In the last few days, both at my workplace as well as while dealing with a few activities around me, I have realized the importance of implementing a better responsibility assignment matrix, to get things done in a less messed up way. A few months back, during some random conversation, a friend of mine had introduced me to the RASCI model, one of the responsibility assignment matrices. Wikipedia says that the responsibility assignment matrix 'describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process.'  In simple words, for any project, if we can divide each person's role and responsibility, it not only ensures a better end product, but also saves the time, otherwise lost in discussions (which organizations like to call as meetings). A RASCI implementation ensures that each person is responsible for only and only the task assigned to him (or her) and will not need to interfere with another person's task, un

The stranger in Pain

I have just returned from Malaysia today. After a 3 months stay in Singapore, I could finally make it to Malaysia, Kuala Lampur. Just a small 3 days trip with my friends. On the second day of our trip, we had decided to visit the Genting Highlands. Early morning we started off for the adventurous trip, only three of us- Sree Lakshmi(my room mate in Singapore), Nishita(my co-scholar from SCMS-UG) and me. We boarded our bus to Genting. Sree and Nishi sat together and I sat alone, taking a window seat. After a while, an elderly uncle, Indian looking, of about the age of 60+, occupied the vacant seat next to mine.  He initiated the conversation by asking me which country I am from. After I answered that I was from India, he said he was from Sri Lanka. My thinking of him being an Indian was proven wrong. He was a very friendly man. After the initial ice breaking, we started speaking about ourselves and our lives. He told that he had finished conquering the entire globe with just some 4 co