Skip to main content

Evangelism Reps Training in Bangalore

I had just returned from Bangalore and the Banglore fever was yet not completely out of my head when one morning I got a call from Galaxy asking me about my travel preferences to Bangalore. I was kind of confused till Galaxy went ahead to explain me about the Reps Evangelism training which was scheduled on the 17th and 18th of September in RedHat,Bangalore. Yipeeee!!! RedHat office was sufficient a reason for me to start packing my bags again :P

As usual, it was the last flight that I took to Bangalore and reached my hotel at around 2am on 17th night (or some people might like to call it morning).
On 17th, we reached RedHat office by 10.30am. It was a campus worth working in! The office was on the 11th floor and the view from the cafeteria of the office was simply breadth taking.

Our session for the day began with  Chris Heilmann's smiling face and warm welcome note. Along with Chris, Robert Nyam and Ali Spivak's presence in the room did fill the room up with life.
Learning has no limits! I must have had made some 30+ presentations in my life, but watching Chris on the stage and hearning him talk made me realize how much in the alpha stage I still am in.
It was not a series of boring lectures, it was one of the most interactive sessions I have ever been a part of. We didn't play the role of passive listeners only, we also did act as active presenters, occupying the stage, one group at a time. Well, when off the stage we made an awesome team, our group didn't need extra effort to be the best on stage. Thanks to Kaustav Das Modak and Sayak Sarkar for being the awesomest possible team-mates.

At RedHat office, Bangalore....attendees of Evangelism Reps training

I have been going around with a Keon for some 3+ months now, but never knew the best way it could be displayed to friends. After Ali's session, I guess I will do a better job at showing off my new possession to the world.
When the session finally came to an end on 18th, I didn't feel like packing my back up for getting back!

I feel lucky to have been able to attend this training and am eagerly waiting to meet Ali again in Pune on the 23rd :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantining Alone - A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

This Covid-19 virus has turned the entire world upside down. It has broken a lot of older habits and set a lot of new normals. Towards the early days of this lockdown, I had written a blog - An Extrovert in Isolation . The early lockdown days were extremely difficult for me. That was the phase of breaking old habits. An extrovert by nature, couldn't accept the sudden change of being locked alone inside my house. I am writing this blog again after being locked at home for more than 100 days now. Most of the older habits are broken by now. A few new habits have become a part of my new normal. What seemed to have been painful 100 days back has now turned to be blissful. Here, I am sharing my story of how quarantining alone has ended up being the greatest opportunity and a huge transformation in my life.  I have been struggling for years to fix my sleep patterns. Going to bed late and waking up late had been a habit for a really long time. My struggles to change this habit had

RASCI model - the responsibility assignment matrix

In the last few days, both at my workplace as well as while dealing with a few activities around me, I have realized the importance of implementing a better responsibility assignment matrix, to get things done in a less messed up way. A few months back, during some random conversation, a friend of mine had introduced me to the RASCI model, one of the responsibility assignment matrices. Wikipedia says that the responsibility assignment matrix 'describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process.'  In simple words, for any project, if we can divide each person's role and responsibility, it not only ensures a better end product, but also saves the time, otherwise lost in discussions (which organizations like to call as meetings). A RASCI implementation ensures that each person is responsible for only and only the task assigned to him (or her) and will not need to interfere with another person's task, un

The stranger in Pain

I have just returned from Malaysia today. After a 3 months stay in Singapore, I could finally make it to Malaysia, Kuala Lampur. Just a small 3 days trip with my friends. On the second day of our trip, we had decided to visit the Genting Highlands. Early morning we started off for the adventurous trip, only three of us- Sree Lakshmi(my room mate in Singapore), Nishita(my co-scholar from SCMS-UG) and me. We boarded our bus to Genting. Sree and Nishi sat together and I sat alone, taking a window seat. After a while, an elderly uncle, Indian looking, of about the age of 60+, occupied the vacant seat next to mine.  He initiated the conversation by asking me which country I am from. After I answered that I was from India, he said he was from Sri Lanka. My thinking of him being an Indian was proven wrong. He was a very friendly man. After the initial ice breaking, we started speaking about ourselves and our lives. He told that he had finished conquering the entire globe with just some 4 co